History the road to success

History

Established in 1924, Interstate Amiesite was licensed to produce amiesite, a patented cold-mix, cold-laid bituminous concrete material which made a significant contribution to early road building. By 1954, the company had grown into a full-fledged paving contractor.

Most importantly, from the time that Interstate Amiesite was first organized in the 1920s, company officers and employees have taken pride in providing an excellent product and equally fine service. Although the company’s emphasis has shifted from manufacturing to construction, the importance placed on giving the best possible value to customers has not changed.

In the late 1980’s, Interstate Amiesite was renamed to IA Construction Corporation to reflect our diversification from paving to general contracting. In 2002, the Barrett Industries Corporation family of companies made us a part of their group, enabling us to remain a locally-rooted company with the benefits of worldwide expertise.